Friday, January 29, 2010

Stress

The article was about stress. Its sources didn't surprise me. How many people did they need to study to learn that medical diagnoses cause stress, or taxes, or bills, or bosses, or children that speak to you like Robert DeNiro in one of his mobster roles? My idea was to show an Everyman being hounded by all these things. This is what illustration does better than photography. A person photographed for this story would have looked confused or unhappy or maybe constipated. It appeared in the LA Times.

1 comment:

  1. I've been lurking around your blog for quite some time now, and I just want to speak up and say, you are hilarious and your blog makes my day! You're a terrific writer and awesome artist. This post resignates for me...!

    I hope to be able to say hi in person at the CVA Illustration Show opening, I think I saw your name on the list of artists ( I'm in it, too.)

    Cheers,
    Andrée

    ReplyDelete