Monday, June 8, 2009

Pronouns & Inverted Commas











Punctuation and grammar are two of the mysteries I leave to others so it struck me as ironic when I was asked to illustrate a project about punctuation and grammar. These are two of the images that weren't selected at the sketch phase. A bit Philip Guston-ish, I think. When things perplex or intimidate us it sometimes helps to give them human qualities, faces and personalities. Not always though. (I have surreal dreams in which I am chased by dangling clauses and abused semicolons. They are usually armed.)

1 comment:

  1. This is a nice site, Eric. You're really fortunate to be able to work with both pictures and words. The pictures attract and lighten everything. Words all by their selves chase people into the hills.

    ReplyDelete